Ambassador Construction is Washington’s preferred residential contractor, specializing in beautifully designed, functional outdoor living spaces, including decks and porches. We pride ourselves on representing the best of the industry to customers throughout Washington, including Woodland, Ridgefield, Kalama, Battle Ground, La Center, Camas, Kelso, Washougal, Brush Prairie, Yacolt, and Amboy.
We design and install decks made from pressure-treated wood, exotic hardwoods, composite, and vinyl. Call us today at (360) 909-8867 to obtain a free estimate or read on to learn more.
Pressure-Treated Wood Decks
Composite and PVC decks are relatively new – wood has been the standard for deck building for decades. For superior durability and consistent performance, pressure-treated woods are a great decking material. Here is a brief overview of their features:
- Very affordable, compared to other deck materials
- Maintenance includes applying a high-quality stain or sealer every year or so, as well as occasional board replacement
- Life expectancy of 10-15 years with maintenance
- Common issues include splinters, scratches, stains, warping
Exotic hardwood decks are more expensive than pressure-treated or cedar decks, but when you consider they are rated to last 40 years or longer, the return on investment is obvious. These extremely dense woods exhibit beautiful, rich colors and textures. Common choices include Brazilian ipe and cumaru wood.
Other benefits include:
- Low maintenance – occasional staining and re-sealing required
- Resistance to developing splinters, doesn’t scratch or stain easily
- Extremely durable
- Incredible resistance to insects
- Superior fire resistance
The vinyl and composite decks of today are far superior to the ones first installed in the early 2000s. The come in a plethora of colors, styles, and textures, and offer a variety of benefits:
- Higher initial cost, but longer life expectancy of 25+ years with proper maintenance
- Warrantied against staining
- Maintenance is minimal – periodic pressure-washing
Superior Deck Design & Craftsmanship
Creating a natural extension of your living space with a beautiful new outdoor living space is a project best left to the professionals at Ambassador Construction. As homeowners ourselves, we understand the importance of building a deck that will not only add curb appeal, but will also create a space to make memories.
Let us walk you through the process and build a deck that will meet your needs, desires, and goals. We’ll work closely with you to find out what deck option is right for you, asking important questions like:
- How much time and effort will you put into taking care of your deck?
- How do you plan to utilize the deck space?
- What is your budget?
- What is the weather like at your location?
- How big do you want your deck to be?
- What look do you prefer?
- And more!
Call Ambassador Construction today at (360) 909-8867 to talk to our team about getting started on your new deck!